Solera Home Improvement bathroom remodeling services are available to you in and around the city of Sunnyvale, CA
Bathroom Ideas – Sunnyvale – Remodeling – Toilets
The lead article in this series is titled Bathroom Ideas.
Believe it or not, there is more to know about toilets than you might think.
Various varieties or atributes of toilets are:
- Regular bowl
- Elongated bowl
- Low flow
- Strong flush
- Gravity flush
- Pressure assisted flush
- Toilets that do not touch the floor
And that leaves out the toilets with heated seats, water squirting and blow dry mechanisms, and scent release mechanisms.
There will be more detailed articles in the future about what the differences above mean, but here is a brief list of pros and cons.
- a regular bowl is 16 1/2 inches from the back bolts to the bowl front
- an elongated bowl is 18 1/2 inches
- an elongated bowl is great if you are tall
- low flow toilets use less water to flush
- some of them are crap (no pun intended) and you have to flush them twice, so for those ones, what’s the point
- some of them are great (Toto in particular)
- the Metcraft HET toilet will flush 40 golf balls using 1.28 gallons of water
- see it for yourself -> watch a video here
- Toto has equivalent toilets, called their E-max line
- this simply means the flush mechanism is driven by the water in the tank entering the bowl from the force of gravity
- this means there is something in addition to gravity assisting with the flush
I hope this information is useful to you in selecting a toilet for your bathroom remodel.