Solera Home Improvement will help with your bathroom remodeling, when you live in an around Los Gatos,, CA
Bathroom Remodeling – Los Gatos – Bathroom Plumbing
The lead article (the table of contents if you will) is titled Bathroom Remodeling.
This article is also part of a mini-series about bathroom sinks.
When you do a bathroom remodeling project, and you currently have galvanized pipes, it is IMPERATIVE you upgrade your bathroom plumbing from galvanized to copper.
Why is is IMPERATIVE?
- Galvanized pipe is more difficult to work with in general.
- It is threaded, not soldered, so you can not place pipe junctions and couplers quite as easily as you can with copper.
- As such, just dealing with it takes longer than ripping it out and replacing it with copper.
- When remodeling, the longer something takes, the more you pay for it.
- Galvanized pipes rust from the inside (see the picture on the right).
- Sometimes in very old galvanized pipes, the rush that accumulates in the threads helps keep the junctions tight and helps the pipes not leak.
- When remodeling, you “handle” the pipes, you pull them, push them, bang them, etc, etc.
- In the course of doing this, you can loosen that rust.
- So then you finish your remodel, at a cost of several thousand dollars, and unknown to you, small leak starts behind all that new work.
- By the time you notice anything, significant damage has occurred and some of your new remodel has to be ripped up to repair the leak.
- Maybe the damage becomes noticeable a year later, two years later, five years later, but the required action is always the same, get to the leak and fix it.
So, not only is switching to copper generally cheaper up front than not switching to copper, but if you are unlucky enough to have your old galvanized pipes slowly leak behind your walls, not upgrading costs so much more than upgrading it hurts.
And speaking of your bathroom remodeling, when your home is in the greater San Jose metro area, we would very much appreciate an opportunity to be of service…..
….. so please let me tell you a little about us.
When you work with us, you get guys who know customer satisfaction is a low bar to aim for and guys who know customers like you want to be delighted, not satisfied.
You get guys who know the best source of new customers are referrals from you. For that reason, we treat you to the level of service we wish everyone treated us.
The set of services available to you includes (but is not be limited to) lighting and electrical, plumbing, trim molding (baseboard molding and crown molding), cabinetry installation and cabinetry alterations, painting, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, window replacement, door repairs and door replacement, removal of acoustic ceiling material, heater repairs, garden and yard fountains and garden and yard decorative lighting, toilet rebuilds and installations, furniture assembly (IKEA and others), sports and exercise equipment assembly, deck installations and repairs, wall mounting of flat panel TV hiding the wires, installation of home theater systems.
Our services are available to you in the following cities; Redwood City, Woodside, Portola Valley, Atherton, Menlo Park, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Stanford, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Cupertino, Saratoga, San Jose, Milpitas, and Alviso.
While working with us, you get a company that knows about green building practices, green remodeling, and green home repair, for the benefit of you, your family, and your home.
We provide you with remodeling and handyman services for you, your family, your home, and even your place of work.