Home Improvements – Saratoga – Electrical
Don’t let the picture scare you.
That arcing occurred at on a very high voltage circuit and an distribution sub-station in Boulder City, Nevada.
Minor upgrades, such as:
- Replacing a light fixture
- Replacing a switch
- Replacing an outlet
- Replacing a standard outlet for a GFCI outlet
Are well within the home improvements capabilities of the average home owner.
The most important points are:
- Generally only one exposed wire in a box is hot, and it’s the black one.
- It is easy to test for which wire or wires are hot with a $15 volt meter you can get at Orchard Supply.
- When you kill the power before disassembly, and take good notes before full disassembly, you are safe as there is no power in the box while you work at it
If however, you wish a professional to handle your needs and you live in or near Saratoga, CA, we would appreciate an opportunity to be of service.