Home Improvements – San Jose – Energy Efficiency
There are many inexpensive things you can do to make your home more energy efficient.
Some of them are changes to habits:
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes
- Line dry clothes more
- Change incandescent bulbs for CFLs
- Etc, etc
Some of them are handyman projects which you can do yourself.
- All homes leak conditioned (heated or cooled) air from inside to outside – reduce the leaking in yours
- Caulk around doors and windows
- Use a foam gun to fill wire and pipe penetrations in the attic and crawl space
- Seal your ducts with duct mastic and metallic duct tape (cloth duct tape is NOT duct tape)
- Install the little foam inserts behind every switch and outlet cover plate
And without devoting too much time or energy (no pun intended) you can have an impact on your energy consumption and your energy bill.
If you are planning to do this and would like some help, we would love an opportunity to be of service.
Please contact us for your no obligation consultation.