Solera Home Improvement provides home remodeling services in Mountain View, CA and surrounding cities
Home Remodeling Process – Intention
Pretty much every contractor and designer has a road map they use to guide their clients through the home remodeling process, but for some reason, what I consider to be the absolute initial step is often left out.
Your intention, or why you are remodeling, is the starting point for the entire process.
So… why are you remodeling:
- Modernize your home?
- Make it more comfortable?
- Use less energy and/or less water?
- Make it larger?
- Make it easier to use (appropriate for kitchens and bathrooms)?
- Increase storage space?
- Accommodate special needs?
- Young children?
- Elderly people?
- Increase your home’s value?
- Prepare your home for sale?
Identifying why you are remodeling your home is step one of the entire process.
- What do you intend to get from the process?
- What are the important aspects of the end result?
Go so far as to write it down, print multiple copies, and make sure all the key people involved in the project know.
Life is an endless series of trade offs (not even Bill Gates can have it all) and this document will help you stay on track as you start making trade offs, which is something that occurs in every remodeling project (even ones paid for by Bill Gates).