Solera Home Improvement provides home remodeling services in the greater metro area of San Jose, CA
Home Remodeling – San Jose – Stretch your home remodeling budget
Part of minimizing stress during a remodeling project is to keep your budget under control.
Here are some suggestions on to get more for less during your remodel project.
- First, know your budget.
- allow for a ten to twenty percent contingency fund for unexpected costs you will encounter along the way.
- account for permit fees.
- Ensure you communicate well with your contractor.
- this not only make the project go more smoothly, it saves money.
- Be willing to compromise.
- Life, and remodeling projects, includes an endless series of trade offs.
- Buy your fixtures and materials well in advance
- if you are buying fixtures with a tight deadline in mind, you are more inclined to pay more to get them fast
- Can you do any of the work yourself?
- if so, you save labor for that part of the job.
- Combine projects, when it makes sense
- part of your labor expense is the daily setup and clean up
- two equal projects done at the same time does not cost twice as much
- Hire a quality reputable contractor
- nothing costs more than having someone do crappy work someone else has to do over