Solera Home Improvement will help manage your kitchen remodel cost in the course of doing your remodel, when you live in an around San Jose, CA
Kitchen Remodel Cost – San Jose – Saving Money – Draftsperson vs Architect
The lead article for this series is Kitchen Remodel Cost: Saving Money.
You can save a lot of money on yours plans by using a draftsperson rather than an architect.
The primary differences between the two are shown below.
- Responsible to make sure the building does not fall down
- Licensed professional often with advanced degree
- May have specialty area of work
- Does everything a draftsman does
- Creates permit ready technical drawings for contractors and craftsmen
- Proficient at architectural specifications and drawing
- Many started working in the trades and have extensive hands on experience
- Although draftspersons have certificates from various schools, they are not licensed by the State of California
Which one you need depends on what you are doing.
If you are remodeling a bathroom or kitchen with no structural changes, using a draftsman will saveyou money.
If you are building a home from scratch, adding a second story, or removing internal load bearing walls, you need an architect.
When you need help keeping a handle on your kitchen remodel cost, (and live in or near San Jose), we would love to help you.
Please contact us now for your no obligation consultation.