Solera Home Improvement will help manage your kitchen remodel cost in the course of doing your remodel, when you live in an around San Jose, CA
Kitchen Remodel Cost – San Jose – Saving Money – The $10,000 Kitchen
The lead article for this series is Kitchen Remodel Cost: Saving Money.
Can you really remodel a kitchen for $10,000?
The short answer is yes, there are two ways to do this, and as you would expect, both of them are low end solutions.
Option 1 – Do everything this article series recommends.
- Buy all materials early – shop for value
- Buy scratch and dent appliances
- Do most if not all the work yourself
- Directly buy and deliver your won materials
- Etc, etc
Option 2 – Hire a budget contractor who specializes in cheap kitchens
When you go this route, you must understand the $10,000 kitchen (which even we can do), has very firm restrictions:
- A fixed size (usually 10×10)
- A fixed set of cabinets, no substitutions
- Accept that all new materials come from China (which does not necessarily mean inferior quality but sometimes does)
- Re-use old appliances
- No plumbing or electrical changes
- No hidden damage (this can not be assessed up front, but sometimes there isn’t any)
- Etc, etc
It is tough to hit a $10,000 price point for a kitchen remodel, but it has been done.
When you need help keeping a handle on your kitchen remodel cost, (and live in or near San Jose), we would love to help you.
Please contact us now for your no obligation consultation.