Solera Home Improvement provides services for your kitchen remodel ideas in and around Los Altos
Kitchen Remodel Ideas – Lost Altos – Flooring – Cork
In a prior article I stated bamboo is your best choice in terms of wood flooring for your kitchen.
This article may seem like a bit of a contradiction.
If you are interested in what is considered “traditional” wood flooring, you can’t beat bamboo, for a variety of reasons listed in the other article.
However, when most people think wood flooring, very few people think cork, but cork has some very interesting qualities that make it a good choice for kitchens:
- It comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns.
- It is considered eco friendly. Cork is harvested from cork trees without killing the trees. They just grow more cork.
- It is very durable and is used in some high traffic buildings such as libraries and churches.
- It has “bounce” and if you are on your feet cooking for hours and hours, your feet and knees take less strain.
- It muffles noise, which no other wood floor does.
- If you drop a glass on a cork floor, there is a better chance it won’t break (because of that “bounce”)on cork than any other kind of wood.
- Cork contains a substance called suberin that bugs, mites, and mold do not seem to like.
- You never need to refinish it. Ever.
- If you drop a knife or fork points down by accident and puncture the flooring, cork “heals”.
In short, if you are a very serious cook and you want a wood floor, you want cork for your kitchen remodel.
And speaking of your kitchen remodel, we would love an opportunity to be of service…..
….. so please let me tell you a little about us.
When you work with us, you get guys who know customer satisfaction is a low bar to aim for and guys who know customers like you want to be delighted, not satisfied. You get guys who know the best source of new customers are referrals from you. For that reason, we treat you to the level of service we wish everyone treated us.
The set of services available to you includes (but is not be limited to) lighting and electrical, plumbing, trim molding (baseboard molding and crown molding), cabinetry installation and cabinetry alterations, painting, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, window replacement, door repairs and door replacement, removal of acoustic ceiling material, heater repairs, garden and yard fountains and garden and yard decorative lighting, toilet rebuilds and installations, furniture assembly (IKEA and others), sports and exercise equipment assembly, deck installations and repairs, wall mounting of flat panel TV hiding the wires, installation of home theater systems.
Our services are available to you in the following cities; Redwood City, Woodside, Portola Valley, Atherton, Menlo Park, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Stanford, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Cupertino, Saratoga, San Jose, Milpitas, and Alviso.
While working with us, you get a company that knows about green building practices, green remodeling, and green home repair, for the benefit of you, your family, and your home.
We provide you with remodeling and handyman services for you, your family, your home, and even your place of work (we do commercial work).