Solera Home Improvement assists with your kitchen remodel ideas in Santa Clara and surrounding citites
Kitchen Remodel Ideas – Santa Clara – Flooring Options
This post lists the various options available to you.
Subsequent posts will discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of specific options.
Stone and Tile
- Ceramic Tile: manufactured ceramic tiles that come in various colors, patterns and sizes.
- Slate: natural stone, install similar to tile.
- Travertine: a natural stone from the limestone family.
- Concrete: stamped concrete can be made to look like most anything
Vinyl: Sheets or Tiles
- Hardwood: for kitchens, must be finished VERY well so spills are not a problem.
- Laminate: very common, manufactured wood product, differing qualities of products and finishes.
- Bamboo: highly resistant to moisture.
- Cork: has “self healing” qualities and helps muffle noise
Rubber: Serious cooks go with rubber, which is what you find in industrial kitchens, and more homes every year.
Future posts will discuss how you make the selection for you and your family, as well as the pros and cons of each type.
If your kitchen remodel is in or around Santa Clara, we would appreciate an opportunity to be of service.