For your kitchen remodeling in Sunnyvale, please contact us, The Solera Group for a no obligation consultation. We service the greater San Jose metro area, up into southern San Mateo and Alameda counties.
I really enjoy when people chronicle their DIY remodel projects (when they either do all of it or part of it) for the benefits of others to see.
The one being shown now is from Kim of Kim’s Kitchen Remodel blog on blogspot.
She was going for an East/West fusion theme and I think she got it.
To summarize what Kim stated she learned through the process:
- The use of a professional designer helps.
- Demo can be fun (I concur) and saved money.
- You never know what you’re going to find behind the walls and ceiling until you tear them out.
- As the demo got started, it was necessary to alter the plan a bit based on things they found behind their walls (specifically tongue and groove paneling), which minimally required the ceiling to be removed as recessed lighting can not be installed in wood paneling.
- Installing free standing cabinets was easier than expected (not always the case).
- Lighting matters! Both ambient lighting and task lighting.
You may not be adventuresome as Kim, and you may want professionals to help you every step of the way (either way, call us), but the one biggest lesson learned is successful remodel projects start with good knowledge of what you want as the end result.
When you’ve got a good idea of the effect you want, then you translate that into a fairly detailed design, you have something real and tangible to shoot for.
If you find it hard to reduce all the options available to you into a theme that works for you and your family and into a design, I strongly suggest you consider working with a professional designer. Not only can they help you get started, they often save you money as by getting everyone in the project on the same page, mistakes and reword are kept to an absolute minimum, and hopefully there are none at all.
When planning your kitchen remodeling project in Sunnyvale, please contact us. You’ll find we’re easy to work with…