Solera Home Improvement is an EPA lead safe (lead paint) certified remodeling firm whose services are available to you in the greater San Jose, CA metro area
Lead Paint – San Jose – EPA Regulations – Responsibilities of the Certified Renovator
Within the EPA regulations regarding the handling of lead paint during remodeling projects, there is a concept of a Certified Renovator.
A certified renovator has attended an EPA approved training class in the proper handing of things to ensure the creation, the containment, and the clean up of lead dust is within the guidelines of the EPA regulations.
In California, the rules are actually stricter than the EPA regulations.
The responsible renovator is personally responsible for the following aspects of every remodeling job:
- Be present during setup and containment
- Direct the lead safe practices of the job
- Provide on the job lead safe training for all non-certified workers
- Post a copy of their Certified Renovator certificate at the job site
- Be physically present during:
- Posting of signs
- Clean up
- Conduct the post clean up verification
- Be available by phone when off site