Lead safe remodeling services from Solera Home Improvement are available to you in Santa Clara, CA and surrounding cities
Lead Paint – Santa Clara – Remodeling – EPA Regulations – Clean up – Overview
The clean up phase of the EPA lead safe regulations is perhaps the most critical.
Clean means really clean, and it must be done in a way that keeps the dust from spreading.
- Because lead is heavy and falls quickly to the ground, the cleaning must be done from top to bottom.
- Cleaning must also be done “on the way out” – if the work was contained to one room, the far end of the room is cleaned first and the room is cleaned from the far end to the exit.
- First, BEFORE any of the 6 mil poly is removed, the debris must be vacuumed with a HEPA vacuum.
- Once the work place is thoroughly vacuumed, then the 6 mil poly is removed and bagged up.
- The designated certified remodeler of record must oversee and certify the cleaning.