Solera Home Improvements provides you with plumbing services in the San Jose, CA greater metro area
Plumbing – San Jose – Plumbing Overview
This article is part of a series, whose lead article is Plumbing 101.
All the plumbing in your home works on the following concepts:
- Water seeks it’s own level
As well, the plumbing in your home is two distinct and separate sub-systems, which NEVER meet except via an air gap at a place of water usage.
These sub-systems are the fresh water coming in and the waste water going out.
The main points are:
- Pressurized cold water enters your home from your water company and is distributed around your home in the cold water pipes.
- One of the places cold water is taken to is the hot water heater.
- Hot water is pressurized by the cold water coming in and is distributed around your home in the hot water pipes.
- The drains and drain pipe serve two purposes:
- They remove waste water to the sewer system or septic tank.
- They prevent sewer gases from entering the home (an entire article will be devoted to vent stacks and what they do).
If you wish a professional to help you with your plumbing needs, we would very much appreciate an opportunity to be of service.