Solera Home Improvements provides you with plumbing services in the greater metro area of San Jose, CA
Plumbing – San Jose – Point of Use Water Heaters
This article is part of a series, whose lead article is Plumbing 101.
A point of use water heater is just what the name says, a water heater that provides hot water at a single point of use.
They are useful:
- To eliminate waits for hot water first thing in the morning (some even have timers so you can heat water starting at 5:30 am and stopping at 8:30 am).
- To use less energy for heating your water, as water is heated only when it’s needed.
They come in two types:
Mini Tank (as shown in the picture)
- Uses a standard non dedicated outlet as water is not heated instantly
- Requires space for the tank
- Often come with timers
- Do not run really hot
- Often draw so much current they require a dedicated circuit
- Requires less space, as there is no tank
- Is more energy efficient as it only heats water when you are using it
- Runs hot when it runs, so you can not store combustible things like toilet paper near it
When a point of use hot water heater or two is a good idea for your home, and you live in the greater San Jose, CA metro area, we would appreciate an opportunity to be of service.