Solera Home Improvements provides you with plumbing services in San Jose, CA and the surrounding metro area
Plumbing – San Jose – Supply Lines
This article is part of a series, whose lead article is Plumbing 101.
Water supply lines (commonly called supply line) run from the valves under your sinks and behind your toilets (angle stops) and bring the water to the faucet or toilet fill valve.
There are a few important things to know about supply lines:
- They ends of the supply line MUST match the fittings on your angle stop and on your device – faucet supply lines and toilet supply lines are different.
- Supply lines have washers in the ends of the fittings.
- After the supply line has been on for several months, these washers compress.
- If you replace your faucet or toilet fill valve, the compression of the washer will perfectly fit the OLD device.
- As such, whenever you replace a faucet or a toilet fill valve, ALWAYS replace the supply line.
- The cost of a supply line is maybe $10.
- The cost of a leak onto your floor or in the cabinet under your sink is higher.
If you need plumbing assistance in the greater metro area of San Jose, CA, we would love an opportunity to be of service.