You have access to the kitchen remodeling services of Solera Home Improvement in Santa Clara and surrounding citites
Remodel Kitchens | Santa Clara | Selecting a Kitchen Faucet
In my last post, I spoke about the various options to consider when selecting a kitchen faucet for the remodel of your kitchen.
In this post, I’m speaking to how to make your selection for your kitchen.
Good design is not about having it all, it’s about eliminating options that do not make sense for you and your family, then making an informed decision between the remaining options.
There are so many types and styles of faucets that it is easy to not know what is most important.
Every manufacturer tells you their faucets are “best”, but what exactly does “best” mean?
If you focus first on form over function, you will initially be concerned with two things; functionality and durability.
First – Functionality – what do you need?
- A tall faucet for filling pots?
- A hand sprayer?
- A faucet that can be easily operated with one hand?
- A sensitive temperature control? What is most important to you and your family?
Second – Durability
- “Disk valve” faucets last for ever and ever and never need maintenance (well maybe years down the road), but they’r expensive.
- “Cartridge valve” faucets are less money now, but you will need to change the cartridges every two to three years. It’s really not that hard, but if you go this route, make sure OSH carries lots of cartridges for the brand you select.
- Once these two criteria are covered, then within the available options, you will certainly find a style and finish that suits you, your family, and your remodel.
And speaking of your remodel, we would appreciate an opportunity to be of service.