Solera Home Improvement is a remodeling contractor providing you services in the greater metro area of San Jose, CA
Remodeling Contractor – San Jose – Verifying and Understanding a License
A prior article described how to access the detail of a contractors license from the Contractor State License Board (CSLB) website.
This article describes how you read it.
Please use our contractors license (#945998) as an example.
- Verify the name and address of the company you are dealing with is the name and address on the license.
- Verify the license status is “Current and Active”.
- Verify the classification. You can not hire a tile contractor to do electrical work and visa versa.
- Verify the bond is valid.
- The CSLB gives a thirty day grace period after a bond expired so the contractor can shop for a new bond.
- It’s a weird rule, but a contractor can not price shop a new bond until the existing bond expires.
- Do they carry workers compensation insurance?
- If not, it means the only employees are also the owners of the business.
After you have verified our license, please consider giving us an opportunity to be of service to you with your remodeling project.
We would love the opportunity.