Solera Home Improvement is the remodeling contractor providing remodeling services for your home in and near the city of Mountain View, CA
Remodeling Home – Mountain View – Bathroom Remodeling
How is remodeling your bathroom different from remodeling every other room in your home?
Because it is the wettest room in your home.
As small amounts of water over long periods of time can cause horrendous damage to your home, it is important you take appropriate steps when remodeling your bathroom.
- Install a very powerful exhaust fan and put it on a timer switch so it continues to run for 10 or 15 minutes after you leave the bathroom.
- Use moisture resistant oil based paint.
- If you have natural stone flooring, counter top, or shower surround, reseal it every year.
- If you have tile flooring, counter top, or shower surround, reseal the grout every year.
- Use only pure silicon caulking everywhere.
- Ensure whatever flooring you install is highly moisture resistant.
With these few simple considerations you new bathroom can stay new with minimal maintenance for years to come.
If you are remodeling your bathroom, we would love an opportunity to be of service to you.