Solera Home Improvement remodeling services are available to you in Santa Clara and surrounding cities
To make your home more energy efficient and more comfortable, the single most important thing you must do is to seal the building envelope.
What exactly does that mean?
You pay money to either heat or cool the air inside your home.
The then either heated or cooled air inside your home leaks to the outside through lots and lots of small penetrations.
These penetrations are in lots of places:
- holes were drilled through your framing to allow for wires and pipes.
- there are holes in your sheet rock for outlets, switches, light fixtures as well as pipes.
- recessed light fixtures are basically holes in your ceiling with a heat source hung in them.
- there are air gaps where windows and doors do not close securely.
- there are gaps where various flues (heater, water heater, range vent hood) go from inside the house up through the attic.
- all fans that draw air (bathroom exhaust, kitchen exhaust, whole house) is an intentional point of leakage
What do you do?
- use spray expanding foam to seal all wire and pipe penetrations (this means time spent in your crawlspace and your attic).
- install foam insulating inserts in all switches, outlets, and light fixture junction boxes.
- install approved airtight caps over your recessed light cans or replace them with airtight recessed light cans.
- with expanding foam, seal around all flues where they penetrate from the home into the attic.
- as much as possible, ensure all your exhaust fans seal well when not in use – the larger the fan opening, the more important this is.
I know this sounds like a lot of work, and it will take a few weekends of crawling around in the crawl space and the attic, but you can immediately feel the difference in your home.
It has that big of an impact.
If you are remodeling your home, the incremental cost of having your contractor do these things during the remodel is very very slight, so that is the time to do it.
And peaking of your remodeling project, we would very much appreciate an opportunity to be of service…..
….. so please let me tell you a little about us.
When you work with us, you get guys who know customer satisfaction is a low bar to aim for and guys who know customers like you want to be delighted, not satisfied. You get guys who know the best source of new customers are referrals from you. For that reason, we treat you to the level of service we wish everyone treated us.
The set of services available to you includes (but is not be limited to) lighting and electrical, plumbing, trim molding (baseboard molding and crown molding), cabinetry installation and cabinetry alterations, painting, bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, window replacement, door repairs and door replacement, removal of acoustic ceiling material, heater repairs, garden and yard fountains and garden and yard decorative lighting, toilet rebuilds and installations, furniture assembly (IKEA and others), sports and exercise equipment assembly, deck installations and repairs, wall mounting of flat panel TV hiding the wires, installation of home theater systems.
Our services are available to you in the following cities; Redwood City, Woodside, Portola Valley, Atherton, Menlo Park, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Stanford, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Cupertino, Saratoga, San Jose, Milpitas, and Alviso.
While working with us, you get a company that knows about green building practices, green remodeling, and green home repair, for the benefit of you, your family, and your home.
We provide you with remodeling and handyman services for you, your family, your home, and even your place of work (we do commercial work).