This post is part of a few different series (as well as part of sub-series) on bathroom remodeling. To access one of the lead posts, please select 0ne of the links below:
Sometimes you need an inexpensive solution that still provides a level of durability and flexibility. In terms of shower pans, that would be acrylic.
Acrylic is a big step up from fiberglass, and if you wish can be tiled, giving you greater options for the appearance and feel of the finished shower.
The two images below are both acrylic shower pans.
The Solera Group provides expert bathroom remodeling services in the greater San Jose metro area.
And as you can see, the finished look and feel is very different.
- Less expensive than everything except fiberglass
- Can act as a substrate on which you install tile or stone
- Non porous
- Low maintenance, when not tiled (when tiled it must be periodically re-sealed)
- Cleans easily
- The color is all the way through the material, so if you do scratch it, it won’t be so obvious
- Light surfaces scratches can be buffed out
- Can be tiled if you wish
- More expensive than fiberglass
- Can be damaged by some caustic cleaning products
Excellent value for the money, especially if one of your primary interests is having a low maintenance bathroom.
For help with your bathroom remodel, please contact us…..