This post is part of a few different series (as well as part of sub-series) on bathroom remodeling. To access one of the lead posts, please select 0ne of the links below:
Engineered stone is a manufactured material created by binding crushed stone together within a polymer resin. Engineered stone is without a doubt the single most durable and maintenance free shower pan material available.
The Solera Group provides expert bathroom remodeling services in the greater San Jose metro area.
Engineered stone is a higher end solution appropriate for people who want an easy to clean, low maintenance, yet very attractive shower. In general you do not install an engineered stone shower pan without also installing the same engineered stone material on the shower surround walls.
It has no grout lines (and therefore no grout resealing), very few seams, and no maintenance requirements EVER.
- Very durable
- Very very low maintenance
- Never needs resealing
- Never needs regrouting
- Will at some point require re-caulking
- Comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns
- Swanstone will mail you six samples (although the Swanstone on line sample order form doesn’t say there is a limit, but there definitely used to be).
- Probably the most expensive solution, excepting maybe a custom built pan
- Is available only in standard sizes
- Some people dislike the feel of engineered stone as it does not feel like stone
For help with your bathroom remodel, please contact us…..