This post is part of a few different series (as well as part of sub-series) on bathroom remodeling. To access one of the lead posts, please select 0ne of the links below:
Fiberglass shower pans are appropriate for the more budget minded home owner. They are also common in income properties where the cash flow of the property is of importance to the landlord.
Being inexpensive does not mean ugly, as you can see in the image. Fiberglass shower pans come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit almost any shower configuration.
The Solera Group provides expert bathroom remodeling services in the greater San Jose metro area.
- Most cost effective solution
- Comes in some variety of colors
- Comes in various shapes (square, rectangular, corner, etc)
- If it is ever cracked or punctured, it can be fixed, unlike acrylic.
- The least durable of all the options. Will probably last about no more than 10 years.
- Due to the way fiberglass is made, the surface may not be 100% smooth and even. Fiberglass is a textured material onto which the finish coat is sprayed. If the base material is a little uneven, the spray coat may not fully smooth it out.
- Fiberglass shower pans can not be tiled. Ever!
Most cost effective, but least durable solution. You will save money right now, but in 10 years or so it will probably need to be replaced.
For help with your bathroom remodel, please contact us…..