This post is one in a series on remodeling small bathrooms. For the lead post, please select the link in the prior sentence.
This post is the start of a short sub-series on selecting a contractor. Your selection of contractor is without a doubt the single most important decision you will make.
Remodeling is not a commodity. The quality of your finished job depends more upon the craftsmanship going into it than any other aspect. This is one (but only one) reason why your selection of contractor is so important.
The Solera Group provides expert bathroom remodeling services in the greater San Jose metro area.
To ensure an excellent outcome it is important you find a contractor who:
- You feel you can work with.
- Does excellent quality work.
- Brings issues to your attention if and when issues are discovered.
Of course the legal requirements have to be met as well:
- Is the contractor properly licensed?
- Are contractors required to carry general liability insurance?
- If the contractor has employees, do they carry workers compensation insurance?
Other very relevant questions during the selection process are:
- Who does the work? Contractor themselves? Employees? Sub-contractors?
- Do they have any recent experience doing projects like yours?
- How do they handle job supervision and subcontractor management?
- How do you obtain mechanics lien releases (from all contractors, General and Subs)?
- How much time does the contractor themselves plan to spend at your job site and how many other jobs are they supervising at the same time?
- Does the contractor do any of the actual workmanship, or are they strictly a supervising contractor?
- How (on what basis) does the contractor generate their price estimates?
So how do you find quality contractors you can work with? Click the link in the prior sentence for advise.
Do you need help with your small bathroom remodel? Contact us for help. We’re experts…