About two years ago, I learned a method of Inbound Marketing (also known as Internet Marketing, Website Lead Generation, Search Engine Optimization) that worked incredibly well.
We were pursuing bathroom remodeling jobs and…..
During the five month period from Nov 2012 to Mar 2011, our website (and our business) experienced the following:
- a 53 fold increase in monthly website visitors, from 117 to 6,316
- a 41 fold increase in monthly website page views, from 268 to 10,995
- a 30 fold increase in monthly bathroom remodeling leads, from 1 a month to 1 a day
- AND best of all, a doubling of our close rate, from 10% to 20%
The doubling of the close rate is explained as follows….
- With traditional broadcast or outbound marketing (newspaper ads, direct mail, email, etc) our message was being sent to people who may or may not have had an interest in a bathroom remodel, and the offer of a free estimate enticed some people to get a bid in order to have an idea of what the cost is.
- With inbound marketing by the time we met the person, they were already committed to their remodeling project and were researching options and looking for a contractor.
- These prospects turned out to be of MUCH higher quality.
We stopped publishing in Apr of 2011 (and resumed in Oct of 2012), but our traffic did not go away…
Additionally, there is a multiplier effect…
- Lead generation is not linear.
- Twice as much effort results in many more than twice as many leads.
- The more businesses who participate in this lead generation effort, the more we all benefit.
If you are a local business looking for more leads…
- Please speak to me about the possibility of joining The Solera Group, a leads generation service for local businesses.
- Call me at 650-444-1318 or fill out the Contact Us form and specify that you are interested in Lead Generation Services.