Face it, knocking out walls and rearranging plumbing is not always an option for adding needed space to small bathrooms. Don’t despair however as these top five small bathroom remodel ideas can make your tiny space appear large:
- Use the right color. Debbie Travis in her House to Home column explains how dark shades tend to make walls appear to close in on you, but use bright colors with soft hues and the room suddenly appear to have more space.
- Bring on the sun, or rather the warm cozy happy feeling that daylight shines on otherwise dreary areas. Accomplish this with proper lighting. Save needed counter space by installing canned lighting in the ceiling.
- Installing bright, light-colored flooring is one of the best small bathroom remodel ideas. Find a brightly colored bathroom rug if replacing your flooring is out of the question.
- Reflect new, brighter color and lighting choices with mirrors. Install a large mirror over the sink or arrange mirror tiles in a decorative pattern using these tips on how to broaden space with mirrors.
- Replace a bulky vanity with a pedestal-style sink. Don’t be alarmed as you just might be surprised at how little you actually use those previously-stored items inside that cabinet vanity.
Use just one of these small bathroom remodel ideas and your bathroom will seem to have grown. Use all five tips, and your bathroom will be your new favorite room.
Looking for top small bathroom remodel ideas can make your tiny space appear larger? Call (408) 338-6059 or fill out our contact form.